There are many different types of water treatment systems available to you. Let’s take a brief look at each.
Carbon FiltersCarbon filters, like those found in water filtration pitchers and other home filtration systems, are an affordable and commonly used home water treatment device. Carbon filters use granular-activated carbon and resins to bond with and trap contaminants. These filters are effective at improving the taste of water, and many will also reduce lead and other contaminants.
DistillersDistillers heat water to the boiling point, and then collect the water vapor as it condenses, killing disease-causing microbes and leaving most chemical contaminants behind.
Reverse OsmosisReverse osmosis units force water through a semi-permeable membrane under pressure, leaving contaminants behind.
Water SoftenersWater softeners use a cation exchange resin, regenerated with sodium chloride or potassium chloride, to reduce the amount of hardness (calcium, magnesium) in the water. The hardness ions in the water are replaced with sodium or potassium ions.
Water treatment systems Provide many benefits to consumers. Here are just a few.
- Removes chlorine, chloramine and many other contaminants
- Provides better tasting and better smelling water
- Costs much less and is more convenient than bottled water
- Protects and extends life of plumbing fixtures and water using appliances
- Enhances flavor of food
- Contribute to softer skin and shinier, more manageable hair
- Allow for brighter and softer clothes
- Reduce hard water stains
- Produce virtually spot-free dishes
- Prolong the life of your water heater by reducing scale buildup
- Prolong the life of your faucets and all pipes
Your Family DESERVES clean drinking water!